The Trading Associate duties include processing individual account trades for onboarding of new clients, application of new funds and distribution requests. In addition, the position will process group account trading related to the firm’s active portfolio management processes. Additional departmental projects as needed will also be part of the role. Accuracy, timeliness, clear communication and follow-through are critical characteristics to success.
Essential Job Functions & Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Trading client accounts for new account onboarding, deposits, distribution requests and portfolio rebalancing
- Assisting with improvements to investment processes
- Administrative research projects for client accounts (capital gains, cost basis and similar)
- Cross train for daily tracking and reporting of account composites performance
- Occasional review and analysis of prospective client portfolios for business development
- Occasional generation of investment reports to assist Client Service and Business Development teams
- Provide excellent service to fellow team members
- Maintain up to date calendar to include appointments, tasks and internal meetings
- Ensure regulatory compliance is followed
- Establish, maintain and update files, databases, records and/or other documents
- Operate standard office equipment and use the required software applications
- Uphold the CWM Core Values
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required in this job position.
- Knowledge and comfort working in regulated, retail client, financial services environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- Willingness to follow processes where required
- Strong problem solving, communication, and follow through skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Dedication to accuracy and detail
- Comfortable addressing change and identifying and offering solutions
- Organized and able to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership of work
- “Team player” mindset, willingness to do whatever is needed, big or small.
- Work ethically while maintaining the highest level of discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Professional, service-oriented demeanor with pleasant, business-appropriate manners.
- Strong verbal communication skills to express ideas and thoughts in a clear, professional manner.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or similar); required
- Active Series 7/66 Securities Licenses, required (if not currently licensed, will be required within 6 months of hire);
- 2+ Years of experience in a Financial Services role, required
- Prior trading experience, preferred
- CFA or progress toward CFA, a plus
- Masters or progress toward the degree a plus
Please e-mail your resume to HR@campbellwealth.com to be considered for this position.