The Trading Associate duties include processing individual account trades for existing and new clients, investment of deposits and fulfillment of trade requests to generate cash for CWM clients. In addition, the position will process group account trading related to the firm’s active portfolio management processes. Additional departmental projects as needed will also be part of the role. The ideal candidate possesses a strong attention to detail, produces work in a timely manner, communicates clearly, and has excellent follow through instincts, and doesn’t assume accuracy but rather seeks confirmation of accuracy. This is a critical role to the organization where mistakes can create significant financial exposure; trades must be done right the first time every time.
Essential Job Functions & Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Trading client accounts for new account onboarding, deposits, distribution requests, and portfolio rebalancing
- Assisting with improvements to investment processes
- Administrative research projects for client accounts (capital gains, cost basis, and similar)
- Cross train for daily tracking and reporting of account composites performance
- Occasional review and analysis of prospective client portfolios for business development
- Occasional generation of investment reports to assist Client Service and Business Development teams
- Provide excellent service to fellow team members
- Ensure regulatory compliance is followed
- Establish, maintain and update files, databases, records, and other documents
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required in this job position.
- Knowledge and comfort working in regulated, retail client, financial services environment
- Willingness and desire to learn
- Strong problem solving, communication, and follow through skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Dedication to accuracy and detail
- Comfortable addressing change and identifying and offering solutions
- Organized and able to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership of work
- “Team player” mindset, willingness to do whatever is needed, big or small.
- Work ethically while maintaining the highest level of discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Professional, service-oriented demeanor with pleasant, business-appropriate manners.
- Strong verbal communication skills to express ideas and thoughts in a clear, professional manner.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or similar); required
- 5+ Years of experience in a Financial Services role, required
- 2+ years of trading experience, required
- Active Series 7/66 Securities Licenses
- CFA or progress toward CFA, a plus
- Masters or progress toward the degree a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Salesforce CRM, Orion, Tamarac, and other financial software programs, preferred
Please e-mail your resume to HR@campbellwealth.com to be considered for this position.